[SSC] some thoughts

Richard Hall RHall1 at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 16:08:27 UTC 2011

I've been thinking long and hard about this one, Joyce.

I am happy for my contributions to add to a process that aids others and
helps us celebrate/develop our position - in that it is for us/those who
associate with us, and in that it is against the enclosed University.

However, I would be more concerned if this was used by anyone as part of
their formal, funded role, for their own research agenda within the
academy. I read this tension being recognised and discussed in some of
the work of the Autonomous Geographies project:
http://www.esrc.ac.uk/my-esrc/grants/RES-000-23-0957/read

I am not saying that this is what you want, Joyce. I do not read your
context below in that way. I just wish to be up-front about this issue.

In solidarity.

R.