[SSC] Stuff.

David McAleavey davidmcaleavey at virginmedia.com
Thu Feb 9 18:01:51 UTC 2012

Dear All,

*Press Release*

Richard has prepared a press release, the details about the day/venues will
change - this is a work in progress. Comments welcome.

The Lincoln-based Social Science Centre (SSC) provides an opportunity for
students and academics to have a special co-operative experience of higher
education. Run as a 'not-for-profit' co-operative, the centre is managed on
democratic, non-hierarchical principles with all students and staff having
an equal involvement in how the venture operates All SSC courses are taught
and assessed at the same level as similar courses in mainstream
universities in the UK and are taught by experienced academics, including
professors and lecturers with national and international reputations.
An open day for all those interested in the courses (at the equivalent of
BA, MA and PhD levels) to be launched by the SSC in September 2012 is to be
held at the Collection, Danes Terrace, Lincoln LN2 1LP starting at 2 pm on
April 21. A social will be held in the evening (starting 8 pm) at the Angel
Coffee Café, Free School Lane, Lincoln LN2 1. For more information contact:

*Open Day - Venue*

The picture attached is of the studio at The Collection.

*Please give some thought to how you think we should organize our first
Open Day. The spaces we choose, and how we choose to use them, will need to
be carefully considered.*

*Logo Design*

Please let me have your stuff (photographs, songs, drawings, objects...) by
25th Feb.

Apologies in advance (15.02.2012).

Respectfully yours,

David McAleavey