[Ssf] airy-fairy meetings

robin&amparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 16:22:28 GMT 2004

> We then just continue to use this list to discuss stuff, and maybe once
> every two months have some kind of convening meeting - becoming a much
> looser network, in effect, because people would just organise various
> activities, and try to get others involved!
>
> The risk here is that, having stopped regular meetings, no-one actually
> does anything at all, and SSF just fizzles out.  But I'd say if that
> happens, then it should be apparent that there wasn't enough oomph in
> the group to make stuff happen anyway...
>
> Anyway, write back and say what ya think - I'm sending a second e-mail
> with some specific ideas for future events and happenings.
>
> Dan

I find this very reasonable in my own capacity (ho ho hee hee).
Anyway, it was a mistake to be corrected in the future: if a meeting for
any reason is to be cancelled or postponed, it is necessary to notify
everybody involved in the Agenda, so that people don't turn up to find
the door of a venue is locked up,
In the middle of a wolf-mouth-dark night, this is the least that should
be done, unless one is purposefully being negative .

Anyway, if that is the point, i agree to the above, it seems very
sensible in view of recent developments.

amparo