Seasonal Greetings and call for January Meeting WAS Re: [Ssf] my jaws are still laughing...

2 % adam at diamat.org.uk
Wed Dec 22 02:54:56 GMT 2004

Seasonal Greetings :)

Sorry I missed the no2id meeting. I think it's a good idea that we
support this initiative and follow Amparo's suggestion that we invite
Phil from http://www.no2id.net/	up to Sheffield in the early new year to
talk to us about it. I'll do this if we can agree a date.

There's loads of stuff to talk about at this meeting other than no2id
... just off the top of my head and in no particular order

* Peace in the Park
* Dan's request to see jugglers
* The Indymedia Appeal ...  ( "every nation's refugee" as perhaps Bowie
would put it )
* Dave's pastoral work
* Mozaz's poetry
* A Fondue set
* and er ... a cuddly toy :)

I'd like to table Project-Fallujah too, if only to remove it. Today, I
received news that Sheffield Women Against War intend to try to help the
Iraqi women and want to set up communication channels with them. I think
this is just so cool ... for so many reasons ... and far surpasses the
ambitions of Project-Fallujah :)

If we can agree a date, it makes sense to invite the SWAT team.

Also, I think we need a place where the community can publish
miscellaneous stuff. Perhaps this can be tabled ? Stuff like 'my jaws
are still laughing' ... which they are :) ... and 'spittal hill [1] and
Mozaz's poetry. [2] [3]

Tell you what -  Pick a date in mid january and I'll do the cooking ...
tell you a secret ... my yeast permit in the republic enabled me to cook
bread and pastries ... you could be on for a treat :)

--
2 %

[1] http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/ssf/2004-December/000509.html

[2] http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/ssf/2004-December/000474.html

http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/ssf/2004-December/000511.html

[3] I remember a request for publishing space was mentioned in one of
Dan's Indymedia writing meetings at the New Music Museum.