[Ssf] Fallujah: murder televised on TV

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 21:47:59 GMT 2004

I also heard two US helicopters got taken out today!

As for Dave's comment I can't say I'm exactly surprised. The BBC are
constantly lying in attempts to justify the war.

Here's an interesting example from an Indymedia article

BBC is Legitimising Mass Slaughter of Fallujah:

http://indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/11/300829.html

The BBC's lunchtime news anchor, Anna Ford, opened today's news with
this solemn announcement:

"Iraq's prime minister, Iyad Allawi, has said he has given American
and Iraqi forces the authority to clear Fallujah of terrorists."
(Ford, BBC 1, 13:00 News, November 8, 2004)

Almost everything in this statement is false: Allawi is not the
legitimate prime minister of Iraq, he is an American-installed stooge.
Allawi did not give authority to US forces to attack Fallujah - +they+
are the authority in Iraq, Allawi is their mouthpiece. The US goal is
not to "clear Fallujah of terrorists"; it is to crush Iraqi resistance
to US control of their country.

SUGGEST ACTION...

http://indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/11/300930.html

The fact that such a senior figure at the BBC should reply at
length shows just how defensive broadcast journalists are when accused
of presenting the establishment view of current events. They really do
feel they are "good people" providing "impartial" reports (see below).
This pressure on the media is very important. I would urge people to
visit the MediaLens website regularly and when you see a news bulletin
or current affairs programme which particularly infuriates you (where
to start?), write to the jounalists and editors involved (MediaLens
provides email addresses). You will be surprised how often you get a
reply (but not by how often you do not!). Send copies of all your
emails and any replies you receive to MediaLens:  editor at medialens.org.

steve