[Ssf] Fallujah: murder televised on TV

spodulike at freeuk.com spodulike at freeuk.com
Fri Nov 12 19:15:15 GMT 2004

Cuthbert>   The only real option is direct action which has
unfortunatly been effectively condemned by the stop the war coalition.

[rant]Have to say I'm getting a little tired of all the STW bashing
around and abouts. The SWP (and some other members of this politico
group or that, but not all thankfully) believe that direct action is
not going to get the masses along, they are after all a political group
and thus compromise for political gain. They quite happily block roads (
which accomplishes bugger all in my view) when they feel the 'time is
right'. In Shef and nationally SWP have usually had the majority in the
movement (tho' often in Shef only by one or two people) which has led
to the feeling this is 'just the way STW is', which is not the case. If
people don't like STW as it is then they could come along and change
the movement, or if they don't fancy the stress, form another one (as
suggested I think). But the main problem is that the numbers of people
who turn out for anything tend to be small. There was an idea for a 24
hour vigil which I liked, but who will turn up? Alison proposed we
argue for walk outs from work, but who will get involved? (based on the
last time we asked for walk outs not a lot). So rather than bashing STW
or SWP or anyone else who at least *tries* I would suggest people bash
all the lazy f********QW"£E$ who sit on their arse sucking up the
comfortable lifestyle given to them and who would never work towards a
better world because they are too busy stuffing their face with the
blood and tears of their fellow humanity [/rant].

There was Grass Roots Opposed to War which was planned as a direct
action group, but think that folded cos of lack of interest (atw?). The
social forum could of course spin off a peace/anti-war group. The
strength of the social forum model is no need for the majority voting '
united front' led from London type thing - just what people want to do.
Even if an action just makes one person thinks about the world in a way
they haven't before then it's worth it (that's what I keep telling
myself anyways:) so small groups are not the problem, all protest is
good, it just won't be the mass movement most on the 'left' want.

On another point, whats the "Peace in Troubled Time" thing about Dan?
Have not heard about it.

Cheers and love to you all,

Jason