[Ssf] local news

Danny forum_mail at monkeynews.net
Sun Oct 24 23:00:15 BST 2004

None of this would be an issue if the police actually did their f**king
jobs. As it is, the people responsible for some of the worst acts of
violence in the city stay walking because the police are too afraid to
tackle them.

With the new SIA legislation, doorstaff have their hands increasingly tied
and the emphasis is shifting to surveillance and the police dealing with
more (generally minor) incidents.

More idiots are willing to carry (and use) weapons, for 'wespec. The
police's attitude to this is surveillance surveillance surveillance. Sure,
they'll tackle a few of the plastic gangsters who are easy targets, but you
can forget it if these people are serious (or - sadly - armed and incredibly
stupid/egotistical). The police's continued inconsistency in this regard
will only encourage vigilantism (see for example the headlines today in the
Telegraph, raising the issue of people being able to use 'any means' to
defend their homes/selves from an intruder).

For my part I want a discount on my council tax as I still see people who
should have been imprisoned years ago walking around the city (or more
usually driving their uber-expensive cars).

At our mast protest last week (details of which you may have seen in the
Star), they pulled at least 26 officers (my count) away from the Sheffield
United vs Nottingham Forest (those of you who keep an eye on the football
firms know that this is a particularly volatile pairing),match to deal with
us troublemakers.