[Ssf] local news

Amparo amparo.gutierrez at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 23:34:00 BST 2004

Yep, about this second paragrah quoted, which kind of private companies
are going to record everyone who goes through their doors? only
nightclubs and bingoes and the like? Well they are already
video-recording everyone at banks, shops, official institutions....
(don't know about churches, mosques and synagogues). At  banks
(specifically Lloyds) they even spy on their own employees, as we were
told by one of them, i mean, paid employees (unknown to the others in
the same office) spying on the "performance" and behaviour of others.
This might drive insane many workers, who in turn commit "corporate
crime" (£1 million every day according to BBC tv report). And of course
us customers, or prospective customers, were being discreetly  followed
around the bank from entry to exit.

Anyway i have a suggestion: Tired of your letters being scanned and
opened even if they contain nothing illegal? Then now and then address
an envelope to any stranger in another country, put some dried flower
petals inside together with a page where this is to be read by either
custom official: "These are only dried rose petals, you IDIOT" (in both
languages). This is a suggestion for a perfectly legal piece of activism
available to anyone on their spare time.

Love and solidarity

amparo