[ssf] ubunti

zerosevenfour two zerosevenfourtwo at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 17:26:03 GMT 2005

"Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "humanity to others". Ubuntu
also means "I am what I am because of who we all are". The Ubuntu Linux
distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software world.

Ubuntu is a complete Linux-based operating system, freely available with
both community and professional support.

The Ubuntu community is built on the ideas enshrined in the Ubuntu
Manifesto: that software should be available free of charge, that software
tools should be usable by people in their local language and despite any
disabilities, and that people should have the freedom to customise and alter
their software in whatever way they see fit.

These freedoms make Ubuntu fundamentally different from traditional
proprietary software: not only are the tools you need available free of
charge, you have the right to modify your software until it works the way
you want it to.

The team behind Ubuntu makes the following public commitment to its users:

    * Ubuntu will always be free of charge, and there is no extra fee for
the "enterprise edition", we make our very best work available to everyone
on the same Free terms.
    * Ubuntu includes the very best in translations and accessibility
infrastructure that the Free Software community has to offer, to make Ubuntu
usable by as many people as possible.
    * Ubuntu is released regularly and predictably; a new release is made
every six months. You can use the current stable release or the current
development release. Each release is supported for at least 18 months.
    * Ubuntu is entirely committed to the principles of free and open source
software development; we encourage people to use free and open source
software, improve it and pass it on.

Ubuntu is suitable for both desktop and server use. The current Ubuntu
release supports Intel x86 (IBM-compatible PC), AMD64 (Hammer) and PowerPC
(Apple iBook and Powerbook, G4 and G5) architectures.

Ubuntu includes more than 1,000 pieces of software, starting with the Linux
kernel version 2.6 and Gnome 2.8, and covering every standard desktop
application from word processing and spreadsheet applications to internet
access applications, web server software, email software, programming
languages and tools and of course several games.

i have over 30 copys of ubunti cds and going to order more: you can download
it here http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ for free:

oh yes but i like my windoze well no worys this will run along side your
windoze and the crew at lowtech have played about with it over the last few
days: we do not say shit rocks unless it dose: well it dose:

ill have copys on me for the meeting on the 17th along with a windose copy
of gimp and all for free:

mozaz