[ssf] !7th Feb meet report (announced events)

@mparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 14:02:08 GMT 2005

> Amp - wanna meet to get this done, or are you happy to draft one for
> the list, for the collective's approval?

Hia, :-)

  i think if it's OK for you, i will be happy to draft one announcement
text for the list, for the collective's approval.

What I would need *to know* is :
Are there any contributors sending events or wishing to send events
other than the
ones made public by the ssf-list? (which i can read). Any other posts by
non members sending events and waiting for moderators' approval?
If anyone could check that, and let me know, fantastic.

Then if you don't object, I will go ahead with the draft.
If any doubt or problem arises, I will contact this list for collective
help and meet you if convenient.

  Does anyone think this should be a monthly bulletin, ?
Not a fortnightly bulletin? There are so many events in the next 30
days, the list could easily reach 10 pages.

>> "What is needed then is a new kind of imperialism, one acceptable
>> to a world of human rights and cosmopolitan values. We can already
>> discern its outline: an imperialism which, like all imperialism,
>> aims to bring order and organisation but which rests today on the
>> voluntary principle." )
>>
>> [New Labour's Robert Cooper - Tony Blair's 'policy guru' and senior
>>  diplomat.]

[which rests *today* on the *voluntary principle*]

what the hell does it mean, today (not tomorrow?) voluntary?