[ssf] G8 meeting

robin&amparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 13:34:17 GMT 2005

Fine for me, Chris.
Looks as if everyone else has vanished. (Fear?) Perhaps they should be
contacted individually: i will look at the ssf members list, but sure
you would  recognize them better.
Take responsibility for booking, can this be done by phone? Any cash
necessary for booking?
As for the email list, thanks to the other Chris and both suggestions:
we need a collective reply i suppose, please wait a couple of days more.

Thank you very much

@mp

PS: By the way, even if nobody else is here, meeting could be used also
for any preventive (?) measures to be taken, legal stuff and any ideas
for support? in relation to new terror bills news:
Is this being patronising? First were the indymedia servers, remember?
very soon (but very soon, why not before the Scotland G8?) could be
indymedia heads. The news from today's Morning Star:

(...)
Home Secretary aims to force legislation through Parliament.
(...)
Under the concessions, individuals ordered by the Home Secretary to stay
in their homes would receive an automatic judicial review of their case
within a week.
Those subject to lesser controls such as limits on internet
communication could challenge the decision in the High Court.
The "control orders" could include curfews or restrictions on use of
telephones or the internet, as well as house arrest and tagging.

"The Home Secretary has reserved the power to place anyone in Britain
under house arrest without charge or trial, based on secret evidence".

@mp