[Ssf] HARSH READING BUT YOU MUST READ:

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Thu Jan 20 18:00:26 GMT 2005

Hey up lad,

> I don't have any anger towards mozaz because it seems to me that he
> just can't help it and i can deal with it.  My point is that i cant be
> involved in something that isnt going anywhere and if we cant get new
> people / more people involved then the ssf just wont go anywhere. i
> cant afford to be involved in something like that.

Let me give you an outline of how, if I were dictator-general, the next
four weeks will go.

1. Tonight we will have a meeting, with this agenda:

http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Meetings#Agenda:_20th_January_2005

Mozaz will facilitate - i.e. keep each of these points to about 10
minutes each.  He will not spend 10 minutes talking, since facilitators
can't do that!

2. I propose (again) that for the next meeting we organise an open
meeting, and organise it quickly.  It's purpose: to get as many people
to come along and

a) find out what's happening politically in Sheffield this year
b) bring along their own ideas about what's happening this year

It should be from 6 to 9, with a food and chill break for half an
hour... we could make it the week /after/ the usual meeting, so that we
have time to plan it and have an organise meeting the week before.

A lot is happening!  We should have people from all of the following, so
those turning up can choose from the free market of ideas:

Make poverty history
G8 dissent
Peace in the Park - the Speakeasy, and everything leading up to that,
including G8 education in Schools...
Lantern Festival in Sharrow
Maybe VAS - to get volunteers for ANYTHING else...
The Burngreave Participation campaign - 'Let the People Decide!' (says
planning minister) (That's a direct quote from Keith Hill...)
God, maybe even the political parties!  I for one wouldn't mind the
Green Party or RESPECT being there, but maybe that's just me...
The Hardcopy (working title of monthly filthy radical mag)
Public Art...
Street Party...

As well as this, there's getting people involved in all the
organisational stuff that has to happen: setting up an account, getting
a constitution, announcements list, publicity, website and WIKI.

On Burngreave and Spital Hill: things are happening.  It's all pretty
exciting.  It may well meet with a damp squish of reality like a cute
little bird thinking it can fly, but having had a few conversations, I
don't think so.

Not to mention I now have two new people on board for that, and they're
both power-houses of wonderfulness.

So, Mr. C, I say to you: wanna do something in Burngreave?  We need some
canny economists, and I know you're one.  Sheffield Social Forum needs
you, baby.  SSF needs you too, baby.  Yes, you, you there lurking on the
list!

Gee, it reminds me of our first ever flyer... how it warms the cockles
of my knees....

Dan