[ssf] 16th Febr: ID campaigners offer participation

Amparo amparo.gutierrez at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 10:05:21 GMT 2005

Hi Chris and list again,

my mind (and many others') doesn't work as a strategist's.
Yes, brandnaming campaigns leads nowhere or to political fragmentation:
  - "i don't support this movement because so and so, whom i abhor, are
part of it" that kind of stuff.
What it is obviously NOT is a racist movement, since the identity system
database is aimed in the first place at foreign nationals (therefore
seconding anti immigration laws).
But if a movement is real grass-roots (as this one) it will spread on
and on, regardless of some participants, even regardless of its
political leaders.
I am convinced this is a grass-roots movement, and it affects me
personally much more than having more public toilets on Sheffield city
centre.
A subt>

1) build a string independent local network of
>> id campaigners around the country who are able to break away from the
>> leadership when the coup happens.

 > 3)Create a new anti-ID cards campaign without a London based command
 > structure, again with string local support.

(Again, i may be short-sighted here, don't see any london based command
structure but a string of independent networks, some of them just
budding. This budding needs not be cut off but ENCOURAGED by grass-roots
groups like the SSF...)

amp