[ssf] Sheffield Campaign against Climate Change - 'Cut the Carbon' Cyclecade 30th June

Jenny Patient jenny.patient at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 10:11:19 BST 2007

Sheffield Campaign against Climate Change - 'Cut the Carbon' Cyclecade

Sheffield City Centre, Saturday, 30th June 2007.

Urgent action is needed to avert catastrophic climate change. Sheffield needs a Carbon Reduction Plan to play its part. Come and help us bring this global message to Sheffield.

Make a placard for your bicycle.   Disguise your bike as a greenhouse, an iceberg or a rainforest.  Dress up as wind turbine or a polar bear, or come just as you are!

Assemble at St Mary's Church, Bramall Lane at 2pm.  We will proceed from there around the city centre to Barker's Pool (opposite the Town Hall), where we will rally and launch our new petition. We also need people who are not on 2 wheels - meet 2.45pm at Barkers Pool to welcome the cyclists and help with petitioning. Contact rebeccabryson at hotmail.com or 07870 565 011 for info.

For road safety we need to know how many cyclists will be riding.  Please respond to roblast61 at btinternet.com or 0114 250 9180 if you are coming.

Please pass this on to other folk who may be interested.