[syfaslane365] "what next" out of trainings

Bob Banks bob.banks at tribalgroup.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 21:56:45 BST 2006

[Sorry I'm so verbose today - it's not usually like this!]

I think people on both trainings thought they were really valuable and
energising. The final session session on each was looking at "what next"
- both what we need to do next, and concerns.

This seems worth sharing more broadly - from the flipcahrt sheets -

Saturday group

Suggested next steps - 6 Aug spokescouncil meeting and 16/23 Sep full
group meeting which I mailed about earlier today.

Sort our accomodaton & transport.

Green fair 15 July.

Concerns -

- Need to increase confindence & commitment & reduce uncertainty

- Money - is there a budget?

- Publicity - recruit more people.

- Play with creative ideas.

- Clarify current affinity groups / spokes.

Sunday - group 1

Stuff needing doing -

1 - in our affinity group :

- back up and "home front" - both in sheffiled / HV and at faslane

- how to use the action to raise awareness / apply pressure more broadly
"back home" - eg with media, MPs etc.....

- including "recruitment"

- logistics (accomodation, transport, ...)

- the action.

2 - Across sheffield f365 as a whole:

- Coordination between affinity groups, on the day and in advance
planning.

- Links with groups before us and after us.

Sunday group 2

Stuff to do:

- Organise legal stuff, transport, accomodaton.

- Check numbers and recruit more

- Practicising stuff and sharing info in affinity groups

- media liason

- get hold of kit

- Assign group roles

- Sort "base camp" ?

- Contingency planning

Concerns

- Not enuf people ??

- geography of base - are we well informed?

- accomodation and transport details are vague at moment.

- what if we get stopped on way?

- how will affinity groups work together?

This message has been scanned for viruses by Viatel MailControl