[syfaslane365] September meeting and Derby ploughshares support

Bob Banks bob.banks at tribalgroup.co.uk
Sat Jul 15 17:21:34 BST 2006

Hi folks -

We had a concensus in the Hope Valley Affinity group that we'd prefer
the 16th Sept. to the 23rd for our big get-together.  One reason is that
23rd is the Labour Party conference and lots of lobbying for peace.

We also suggested the afternoon (say 2pm) as the best time of day.

(I'm assuming a decision about the date will be made at the
spokescouncil meeting on 8 August ????)

Also advance date for diaries -

4 Sept - a meeting in Derby about how to support the Derby Trident
Ploughshares people - who were arrested for opposing Rolls Royce's
rebuilding of the Trident engines.  And 5 and 6 Sept - their court cases
(I think?) where support is strongly needed.    More details to follow.

Bob

This message has been scanned for viruses by Viatel MailControl