[dfs3] Final arrangements for 26th

mark mark at aktivix.org
Sat Jul 19 20:43:24 UTC 2014

Hi Trev and Barry (and list),

I think we should have a meeting this week, during the opening times
of the community support centre, to finalise our plans for Saturday.

We already have the programme for the day sorted, so it's mostly
practicalities that need looking at.

I can make myself free any time on Wed/Thurs, can you both please say
when you're free so we can fix a time?

Also if anyone else on this list wants to join in with "production" of
the event, speak up.

Bookings are running at 10 confirmed so far, which seems like a
healthy number to me.

Below is a draft agenda.

Cheers,
Mark

*** final arrangements for July 26th still to be discussed ***

** Materials

Who's bringing what, and do we need to add anything to this list:

* Laptop/s for demonstrations
* Networking hardware (in case anyone brings machine without wifi)?
* Several copies of Mint 13 XFCE on USB and DVD
* 240V distribution
* flip chart and/or whiteboard
* appropriate markers for above
* printed propaganda / decorative material
* chalk to mark the pavement at entrance to building
* banner (if finished)
* stickers
* note paper

** Systems

* Physical access
* Wifi
* Fall-back networking?
* 240V
* Ventilation
* Illumination / blackout (for projector)
* Set up local network services if time permits - for file sharing,
installation mirror, cache etc.

** Roles

* FOH
* system preparation