[dfs3] Reuse It or Lose It, 20th Jan, Winlaton

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 15:10:46 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I visited the venue last week just to get a idea of the layout.

The community centre used to be council facility but is now run by the
local community. One of the management team gave me quick tour of the
building. There are three main rooms: a larger hall, small hall, and a
coffee lounge. The event will have the use of all of the rooms. There is
no official floor plan as yet but I expect that we will be in the large
hall, along with the Fix It Cafe team. The building has wi-fi through
out but the manageress could not give me any idea about how robust it
would be on the day. The main hall has lots of power sockets but no
ceiling mounted projection facilities, which isn't a big problem as I
will be bringing a TV to use as a 'large' display. Tables and chairs
will be provided by the centre. Some web sites refer to a computer suite
but I was informed that it was closed when the council stopped running
the building. Unfortunately all of the old computers were disposed of
about 18 months ago.

Martin:
Do you have, or could you borrow for the day, a couple of free standing
display boards? I have two A1 size posters that I would like to display
behind our stall but, currently, I do not have any form of display
frame. The community centre does not have anything suitable.

Cheers,
Barry T