[imc-uk-emergency] [feature] proposal on cyberactions/attacks

Sara Melendro melendro333 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 21:14:47 GMT 2003

Hiya,
I think Andrew has an important point with the issue of liability. In any case, I'm not particularly excited about cyberattacks which are just gonna fill the pages with lots of shouting and little use. But then again, if they do it, we not gonna just take either I guess (maybe tehre is alternatives?)
well, i jus tried to give my input but don't really have an answer (would like to hear more views), but i somehow don't like the idea of the cyberattacks.
sara
 Andrew Robertson <sceptic60 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello all.

I have some queries about the feature proposal on DDOS attacks. I am
wandering whether there is concrete evidence that the new al-jazeera english
site was attacked or is it maybe. Could it have been because of so many
hits, or could it have been a technical problem at thee end. The point i
guess if it isn't known for sure then it's a problem putting it up as a
feature as it appears to be a maybe this happened.

The other objection is the link to a call for ddos attacks as anything in
the middle column is an editorial control, therefore potentially making us
liable.

That's my concerns

Cheers and respect

Andy