[imc-uk-emergency] topics pages and regional topics pages done

Chris Croome chris at croome.net
Sun May 11 21:12:24 BST 2003

Hi

Great work Vince you are a star :-)

On Sun 11-May-2003 at 01:48:40PM +0000, Vincent Bouchard wrote:

> https://uktest.indymedia.de/en/antimilitarism/feature/archive.html
> https://uktest.indymedia.de/en/antimilitarism/newswire/archive.html

I have just spent some time looking at the Portland site [1] and
they have done things in a different way (I'm not saying if it's
better or worse!), so the equiv address is:

  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/topic/imperialism/

All the issue topics are under /en/topic/ and all the feature and
newswire stuff links back to addresses like this:
/en/2003/05/264280.shtml

In terms of regions they have more-or-less what we have, a list of
local regions and also united states and global, but again in a
sub-directory: /en/region/willamettevalley/

Another thing that is different is that in addition to issue and
region topics there is actions category with addresses like this:
/en/action/mayday2003/ -- this seems like a great idea to me, it
might be worth finding out how they do this, it seems a bit like the
major reports section on the existing uk site.

Personally I'd suggest addresses like this (having a year
directory): /actions/2003/mayday/ ...if we did something like this.

Chris

[1] http://portland.indymedia.org/