[imc-uk-emergency] topics pages and regional topics pages done

Chris Croome chris at croome.net
Sun May 11 21:33:56 BST 2003

Hi

Some more thoughts on things on the Portland Mir site...

The dynamic stuff, publish and search, uses a different domain
name I guess that this has been done so that separate servers can
serve the static content? Perhaps we should ask on #mir about this?

If it does make sense to have different domain names then I'd
suggest these:

  http://publish.uk.indymedia.org/

  http://search.uk.indymedia.org/

Features on the Portland site don't have the name who posted them
showing and nor does the existing UK site, so I guess we should do
the same for the Mir site.

They have called hidden stuff 'compost' and the archive the 'compost
bin', and one feature that is quite good is the fact that there are
reasons for stuff being moved there (duplicate|compost), also
totally deleted stuff is listed:

  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/compost/compost2003.shtml

Chris