[imc-uk-emergency] Domain Names, and draft email for Poptel

Chris Croome chris at croome.net
Thu May 15 18:11:59 BST 2003

Hi

We need to get publish.uk.indymedia.org set up globally and then we also
need to ask Poptel if they can do the following (this is assuming that
it's agreed by UK IMC whereever it needs to be agreed... this is just
the tech stuff that needs to be done, I have no idea about the political
process that might or might not be needed first!):

  Subject: Sub-domains and Redirects for indymedia.org.uk
  From: imc-uk-tech @ lists.indymedia.org

  Hi

  We were wondering if it would be possible to set up the following
  sub-domains and Redirects for indymedia.org.uk?

  oxford
  www.oxford
  sheffield
  www.sheffield
  westmidlands
  www.westmidlands
  london
  www.london
  manchester
  www.manchester
  newcastle
  www.newcastle
  wales
  www.wales
  lancaster
  www.lancaster
  scotland
  www.scotland
  bristol
  www.bristol
  cambridge
  www.cambridge
  leeds
  www.leeds
  southwest
  www.southwest

  We would like all the above domain names to be Redirected as this example:

  # oxford.indymedia.org.uk
  <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName oxford.indymedia.org.uk
    ServerAlias www.oxford.indymedia.org.uk
    Redirect / http://uk.indymedia.org/en/region/oxford/
  </VirtualHost>

  Thanks

What do people think? Should we be doing the Redirect hosting on a server other
than poptels?

Chris

--
PGP Info:       http://chris.croome.net/pgp.html