[imc-uk-emergency] Re: [Imc-uk-contact] Someone's just offered tech help

andi andi at syndicate.org.uk
Thu May 15 17:15:29 BST 2003

hiya sal,

thanks to offer your tech help to indymedia!

this is andi from london indymedia (we used to be the group which
started uk indymedia but the uk is now a network of various
collectives all over the country).

in tech terms, we're in quite an exciting phase at the moment as
some collectives in the uk have decided to cooperate and to migrate
the existing uk site from our old codebase 'active'
http://www.active.org.au/doc/ which has served us well ever since
shortly after we started uk indymedia on may day 2000. but active
is creaking and not very stable under high load so we will move to
'mir' http://mir.indymedia.org/ . there's two test sites now, check:

- the play-around site at
  http://uktest.indymedia.de/en/
  and the preparation site (going to be the real thing) on
  http://uk.indymedia.de/en/
  for doc check

http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/imc-uk-network/2003-May/000353.ht
ml
- the twiki is offline now but should be online again soon
  hopefully (if someone in the states get their act together
  that is). thus lots of documentation is on
  http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/MovingToMir
- if you are great in java check the general documentation
  about mir at http://mir.indymedia.org - the main mailing
  list's archive is at
  http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/mir-coders/
- then there is a network irc meeting today thursday at 7pm
  irc.indymedia.org channel #uk

i guess you haven't seen the uk-tech email list yet as it looks
like you are not subscribed there. this is the list where most tech
specific communication takes place. that list's info page is at
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/listinfo/imc-uk-tech
that list is publicly archived at
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/imc-uk-tech/

to get into contact with the london indymedia collective:
we always have a meeting on Wednesdays from 7.30pm in
the London Activist Resource Centre in 62 fieldgate street
(nearest tube whitechapel / aldgate east), list is on
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/listinfo/imc-london
that list is publicly archived at
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/imc-london/

that's enough for the first info i guess. cya soon online, and
offline on a wednesday!

cheers, andi

sa73 at le.ac.uk wrote on 14/5/03 21:48